Wednesday 17 August 2011

Jalan Sultan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


Date: 16/8/2011

Time: 5.50pm

Venue: Jalan Sultan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

 I'm glad i made it to Jalan Sultan today. It's my off day and for the first time i went out just to take pictures. It's so hard to take panorama shots in Kuala Lumpur. The cars and the people just won't stop moving. aduih.. I stood there to get this shot for about 15 minutes. I stood still at one point with my tripod ok. I couldn't move my camera, if not the angle sure lari. Everyone were like staring at me..

Anyway, we might not have the chance to see this view again in the future. Jalan Sultan is just next to Petaling Street. The entire stretch of the century old shophouses in this Chinese community enclave will be demolished to make way for underground LRT project at the end of the year.

It's such a sad thing when history and living heritage is being wipe out from our eyes.

The residents are against the project but i find it hard for them to fight the case. They will be compensated. Let's see whether the buildings and the landscape here can be preserved for the generations to come.

I'm sad heritage buildings will be demolished.

I don't wish to see a concrete jungle in Malaysia.

Don't sacrifice so many people's livinghood, heritage, living culture, history, identity and sense of belonging in the name of rapid development. All these elements can work together..

1 comment:

  1. I'm Leong from KLSCAH (www.klscah.org.my).
    I would like to use your photo for our Preserve Jalan Sultan Movement. May I?

    ReplyDelete